Sunday, July 18, 2010

So, it will be officially one week till the new chapter starts. We have made the last minute touches on this new chapter. I am excited. Being the head pastor so to speak will be the first for us. Part of me is excited for a new adventure but the other half is terrified. I have heard so many stories about how it ruins the family. Will this new chapter end badly for us? I don't want this chapter to end the way this one did. There were some things that happened that I don't want to hurt us again. I pray this new church will allow us to love them and serve them and hopefully will love us back. I have so many ideas that I hope to use here. I do believe God has prepared our family for this new experience. We can use our past experience and use them plus God will put new ideas in our heart to help this church grow. I am so excited!!!! You know how a kid feels the day before Christmas. They are so excited about getting up and opening those presents. Well that’s how I feel. I am so giddy that I can't take it.

Well anyway. Today we went to our old church to celebrate the 50th anniversary. We got to see all our old friends when I was little. I was nervous because we hadn't there in a while. But it was great. It felt like the old church again. I remember being little and just loving to hear the choir sing and enjoy worshiping God. It was just like old times. Seeing all those kids who I helped with Rainbows grow up. Everyone has grown so much. I enjoyed seeing how God has used those families in ministry at other churches. That church is like a launching pad so to speak. We learned how to serve, and then we would use that knowledge with God's help and go and touch other lives. That church will always be a good memory for my family. We will never forget those days at that church.

I pray that this next church will be the same. I pray that this church will be used as a launching pad and send people around the world to serve others. I pray that people like our family will always remember this church not because of us but because of how God moved and touched their lives.

Well can't wait!!
Teapot Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment